Let the good news be shared throughout the world. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has defeated the second death. In doing so, He paved the way for us to be able to avoid the sting of the second death, the devastation of being separated from God for all eternity.
How do we know for certain that Jesus came back from the tomb? How do we know He truly proved to the world that there is life after the initial death? This is how:
After Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He was placed in a tomb for three days. On the third day He rose from the dead and appeared 12 times to different group sizes ranging from just one person to 500 people. If our courts will determine that a case is viable after the testimony of two or three witnesses, then after you read the information below…you be the judge. Here is what history tells us regarding how many people actually saw Jesus alive again:
* Mary Magdalene (Mark 16:9-11)
* Peter in Jerusalem (Luke 24:34)
* The other women at the tomb (Matthew 28:8-10).
* The two travelers on the road (Mark 16:12, 13; Luke 24:13-34).
* Ten disciples behind closed doors (Mark 16:14; Luke 24:35-43; John 20:19-25).
* All the disciples, with Thomas, excluding Judas Iscariot (John 20:26-31;
1 Corinthians 15:5).
* Seven disciples while fishing (John 21:1-14).
* Eleven disciples on the mountain (Matthew 28:16-20).
* A crowd of 500, most of whom were still alive at the time of Paul writing
* “Then to all the apostles” (1 Corinthians 15:7) which includes the Twelve plus all the other apostles.
* Jesus appeared to the disciples in Jerusalem (Luke 24:44-49).
* Those who watched Jesus ascend to heaven (Mark 16:19, 20; Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:3-8).
THERE IS HOPE…KEEP THE FAITH…HAPPY EASTER