With the Presidential Election tomorrow, November 6th, let me be the first to say to you this morning, “Get out and vote.” American men and woman have made great sacrifices in order to secure this inalienable right. Do not take this privilege for granted. Secondly, if you are still not certain who to vote for, here is a breakdown of the top 7 issues I believe the majority of Americans are interested in knowing:
- Economy: Romney believes in the principle of cutting taxes to bring economic growth.
- Foreign Affairs: He believes the top two issues are defeating the “Jihadists” and staying competitive with Asia.
- Healthcare: Healthcare is a very tricky and awkward issue for Romney. He has repeatedly declared he would immediately dismantle Obama’s Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (Obama-Care). Yet, Romney’s own health care legislation in Massachusetts is considered to be the foundation for Obama’s health-care plan.
- Education: Romney believes that education is a central aspect of the American Dream. He advocates wide-ranging reforms to the education system, including tying teachers’ compensations to their results instead of tenure.
- Gun Control: He is in favor of the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms.
- Same Sex Marriage: He has wavered back and forth with this issue and I am not very clear as to where he stands today.
- Abortion: Against abortion.
- Economy: He is in favor of a tax code, which would involve raising the tax rates for the high income category proportionately and increasing the tax cuts and credits of the middle and low income stratum.
- Foreign Affairs: Mixed message due to his statement to renew the military yet he has been in office for four years. Believes we need to confront the building up and stock piling of nuclear arsenals.
- Healthcare: The “Obama-care” Act was passed with the intention to expand health coverage to 32 million uninsured Americans.
- Education: No solid plan that I could find but here is a statement he made, “reward good teachers and stop making excuses for bad ones.”
- Gun Control: Obama agrees to an individual’s right to bear arms in principle, but does not take it as an absolute right and considers it as a negotiable subject.
- Same Sex Marriage: President Obama publicly announced his endorsement of same-sex marriage.
- Abortion: In favor of abortion.